Experience a close encounter with the gentle giants of the ocean by joining an informative and educational whale watching trip.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Experience close encounters with a licensed whale watching operator
- Learn about these gentle giants directly from a whale specialist
- Explore South Africa's Whale Capital coastline
- Light refreshments (mineral water, soft drink and crisps)
- Whale specialist guide on board
- Support Crew to ensure passenger comfort
- Transportation to/from attractions
- USB Movie of tour including short film 'The Whale Season' (available to purchase)
- entrance fee to the Harbor, payable upon entry (R5)
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers must fill out a travel information form
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Southern Right Charters office, Hermanus, 7200Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- What to wear:
- Weather-appropriate clothing and a windbreaker
- Sensible footwear (flat shoes are recommended)
- What to bring:
- Sea sickness tablets should be taken in advance as per packet instructions if necessary
- Camera (tripods and binoculars are not advised)
- Children Policy:
- All ages welcome. All children under 12 must wear life jackets for the full duration on-board, and be under adult supervision at all times.
- The life jacket condition applies as well to infants. For children under 2 years old, they can be very uncomfortable. We would strongly advise motion sickness syrup for infants.
- No prams are allowed on board.