Encounter the marine life of Maui at 2 famous snorkeling and diving destinations, including the crescent-shaped islet of Molokini Crater. Continue to Turtle Town, and then cruise up the coast to look for dolphins in their natural environment.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 6 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- Visit 2 of Maui's world-class snorkeling locations
- Relax aboard a comfortable boat with rest rooms, showers and more
- Get an informative commentary and good service from the captain and crew
- See the sea life from the glass-bottom viewing windows
- Slide down the water slide into the refreshing waters
- Benefit from good music, great food and $2 drinks
Embark on a half-day snorkeling adventure on a glass-bottomed catamaran, with breakfast, lunch, and a professional crew included. Look out for all types of Pacific marine life, from dolphins to turtles and coral reefs, in 2 superb snorkeling spots — the Molokini Crater and Turtle Town.
Begin your snorkeling tour at Maalaea Harbor, where you'll board your boat for your excursion.
Join the crew aboard the Calypso, Maui's newest addition to the fleet, where you can even view the ocean from its glass bottom. The boat features an easy-to-use stairway in and out of the water, lots of shade, and plenty of Jimmy Buffet music, all to entertain you during your day in paradise.
Start the day off right with a breakfast of eggs, ham, cinnamon rolls, donuts, coffee, fruit, and juice.
Next, be dazzled by Molokini Crater, located off the south shore of Kihei and rising out of 300 ft (91 m) of water. Expect pristine conditions as Molokini is a protected marine preserve and bird sanctuary.
See how the extinct volcanic cone provides a home for native Hawaiian marine life such as manta rays, fish, urchins, and sharks, who all swim around the coral through the clear water year round. Use the provided snorkeling equipment to explore the underwater world.
Take advantage of the 2 water slides to make it more fun, especially for kids. And fret not — a lifeguard is in the water at all times watching over the snorkelers to ensure their safety.
After leaving Molokini, your second snorkeling spot of the day is Turtle Town, where you will swim with Hawaiian green sea turtles amid the calm water and coral.
Then, return to the boat for a relaxing barbecue lunch buffet. And, last but not least, enjoy a fun trivia game for the chance to win a crew T-shirt.
Some of the tour’s top amenities include 2 slides, a "leap of faith", 2 freshwater showers, use of quality snorkeling gear, flotation devices, and restrooms are provided on the boat. Hire everything you need on the day, with wetsuits, SNUBA, or underwater digital cameras available to rent.
- 2 slides (1 from 2nd deck & 1 from 1st deck)
- 2nd deck jump platform ("Jump for Joy")
- Glass-bottom viewing room
- Only 3-deck catamaran in Hawaii
- Use of top-quality snorkel gear and flotation devices
- Breakfast & lunch
- Experienced captain and crew
- Lifeguard in water while snorkeling
- Snorkelling tutorial to explain gear
- 11 sets of stairs into the water, for easy comfortable access
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Parking fees
- All required protective equipment is provided
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers must fill out a travel information form
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
• Head for Slip 82 on the South Ferry Dock, 101 Ma’alaea Road, Wailuku, HI 96793 • Look out for the Calypso boat • Please arrive for check-in 45 minutes before your scheduled activity start time for your mandatory check-inOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
Know before you go
- Dietary restrictions (vegetarian, kosher, gluten-free etc.) must be noted at the time of booking
- Lunch consists of: pulled pork and chicken sandwiches, pasta salad, and chocolate chip cookies
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age: 21 years old
- Bring cash if you'd like to tip the crew
- SNUBA is optional and available to pay on-board. Available for guests 8 years and up. Certain health restrictions apply. SNUBA allows you to enjoy the simplicity of snorkeling and also the wonders of breathing underwater. SNUBA is a unique patented shallow water diving system that bridges the gap between snorkeling and scuba diving.