- Day trips
- Water activities
- Private tours
How GetYourGuide ranks activities
Activities on the GetYourGuide marketplace are ranked by a combination of factors including popularity, diversity, availability, customer rating, cancellation rate, performance over time, and amount of revenue generated.
Frequently asked questions about Hanoi
What top attractions are a must-see in Hanoi?
The must-see attractions in Hanoi are:
What are the best tours in Hanoi?
The best tours in Hanoi are:
What are the best day trips and excursions from Hanoi?
The best day trips and excursions from Hanoi are:
Ha Long Bay
What are the best tours to do in Hanoi with kids?
The best tours to do in Hanoi with kids are:
What are the best outdoor activities to do in Hanoi?
The best outdoor activities to do in Hanoi are:
What are the best indoor activities in Hanoi for rainy days?
The best indoor activities in Hanoi for rainy days are:
What are the best inexpensive tours in Hanoi?
These are the best activities when you are visiting Hanoi on a budget:
What are the best deals and discounts on activities and attractions in Hanoi?
These are the best deals and discounts on activities and attractions in Hanoi:
What are the most popular museums and exhibitions in Hanoi?
These are the most popular museums and exhibitions in Hanoi:
5 best day trips from Hanoi
1. Day trip to Ha Long Bay
How far is Ha Long Bay from Hanoi?
2. Day trip to Duong Lam Ancient Village
How far is Duong Lam Ancient Village from Hanoi?
3. Day trip to Ninh Binh Province
How far is Ninh Binh Province from Hanoi?
4. Day trip to Bat Trang Village
How far is Bat Trang Village from Hanoi?
5. Day trip to Ba Vi National Park
How far is Ba Vi National Park from Hanoi?
Hanoi day trip FAQ
What transportation options are best for my day trip?
• Hanoi day trips by trainTrains in Vietnam are old but fairly dependable and travel in most directions from Hanoi. Many destinations outside of main centers may require a transfer to a bus or taxi at some point in the journey.
• Hanoi day trips by busThe bus is the most comprehensive and affordable public transportation option for day trips around Hanoi. Buses run all over, however depending on the time and specific location could be limited. Traveling by bus may require one or more transfers before you reach your final destination.
• Hanoi day trips by carTraffic and driving in Hanoi and Vietnam are generally chaotic. If you are a confident driver, a car is a fine option to reach more rural places or to simply take control of your own schedule. Many travelers opt to rent a motorcycle or motorbike to get around, which is a very popular and efficient — though sometimes daring — option.
Should I take a guided tour for my day trip?
What should I pack for my day trip?
Other Sightseeing Options in Hanoi
Want to discover all there is to do in Hanoi? Click here for a full list.
What people are saying about Hanoi
This tour provides you with amazing views and a getaway from the city bustle. The temples at Hoalu serve as a great history for the foundation of Vietnam. The bike ride at Tam Coc is a nice respite from the long car ride. The boat ride has some fantastic views. I've seen people complaining about the length of the boat ride but I thought it was quite peaceful and obviously you gotta experience people overpaying for snacks at the turnaround point. The views are Mua Caves are also amazing but the climb is hard AF despite maybe only taking 30 minutes. Be prepared, bring water, cooling wipes, comfortable clothing, etc. My tour guide Alex was friendly and made it a nice tour overall.
Zuy aka Frankie was such a nice tour guide. We forgot our umbrellas before the 500 steps hike and he ran to get them for us! Told us a lot about the Ninh Binh area, answered any questions. Driver was also great. Tour overall was really fun. Great countryside also loved boat ride!
Trevlig och välorganiserad tur! Dock obekväm buss utan bälte. Bra guide! Trevligt med cykeltur trots ösregn just då(poncho ingick). Vi avslutade turen vid Mua cave för vidare resa till Ha Long. Det är värre att de de 504 stegen ner än upp!!
I can't say enough about how having a guide like Viet made our trip so much more fun and interesting than if we had planned on our own. He was extremely knowledgeable, super conscientious and a lot of fun
It was incredible, very organized and an all around good time.