See the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone River with a naturalist guide. Hike along the rim of a colorful canyon along uncrowded trails for a unique natural experience.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 6 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet at the Upper Falls View Parking Area. This is the same parking lot as Uncle Tom's Trail, on the South Rim Drive. From Canyon Village: The trailhead is 3.4 miles from Canyon Village (8 minutes). Go south on Grand Loop Road toward Yellowstone Lake. You will encounter the North Rim Drive. Stay straight. Turn left on South Rim Drive (your next left turn). You will cross the Yellowstone River over the bridge and proceed 0.7 miles. Turn left into the Upper Falls View Parking Area. From West Thumb Junction: The trailhead is 34 miles (1 hour and five minutes) from West Thumb Junction. Follow the Grand Loop Road (Hwy 20) north along the lake and through the Hayden Valley. The turn for the South Rim Drive will be a right-hand turn shortly after leaving the valley. If you're not staying inside the Yellowstone National Park, it takes approximately 1.5 hours of driving from West Yellowstone, MT, or Gardiner, MT to get to the meeting location of this tour.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Rain gear
- Feeding animals
- Touching animals
Know before you go
- This activity takes place rain or shine
- The hike is at an elevation of approximately 8,000 feet
- The activity includes up and downhill sections along 6 miles of trail