Hike in to Yellowstone National Park's Old Faithful Geyser with a naturalist guide. Take the path less traveled to the world's most famous geyser and supervolcano on this nature tour, with snacks and lunch.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 6 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet your guide at Biscuit Basin Trailhead, Yellowstone National Park. It is located three miles north of Old Faithful. From Old Faithful Village: The trailhead is 3 miles from the historic Old Faithful Inn (10 minutes). Go north 2 miles from the overpass near Old Faithful Village. The trailhead parking lot is on the left side of the road. If you find yourself at Fairy Falls trailhead, you’ve gone too far. From Madison Junction: The trailhead is 14 miles from Madison Junction three-way stop. It takes 20 minutes. Go south from Madison Junction. The trailhead is on the right side of the road 2 and a half miles past the Fairy Falls trailhead. If you see Black Sand Basin on your right, you’ve gone too far (if you are at the overpass to Old Faithful, make yourself a u-turn). If you're not staying inside the Yellowstone National Park, it takes approximately 1 hour of driving from West Yellowstone, MT, or 2 hours from Gardiner, MT to get to the meeting location of this tour.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Rain gear
- Feeding animals
- Touching the exhibits
- Touching animals
Know before you go
- The tour takes place rain or shine
- The hike takes place at an elevation of 6,200 feet and includes up and downhill along 6 miles of trail and boardwalk