This popular tour includes dramatic mountain and forest views on the East side of Madeira. The tour is done in the language of your choice in a modern air-conditioned minibus that only takes 8-14 people plus the guide/driver. Lunch is also included.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Private group available
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- See the beautiful wicker works at Camacha
- Visit the island's third highest peak of Pico do Arieiro
- Take a Levada walk inside the Laurissilva forest in Ribeiro Frio
- Enjoy a delicious lunch at the famous Grutas do Faial
- Spectacular view point of Miradouro do Pico do facho
- A-framed cottages of Santana
- 3-course meal with drinks (only for the shared tour)
- Bottle of local wine and water
- Entrance fees to public swimming areas etc.
- People with mobility impairments
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Pick-up is available from all hotels in Funchal and Canico. Pick-up from harbour for all cruise ship tourists. Ship must have arrived ay 08:00 or before and must depart at 17:00 or later.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Although Funchal can be quiet warm in the winter time, do bring something warm to wear for our visit on higher altitudes.
- The duration of this tour is about 8 hours.
- Pick-up is available from all hotels in Funchal and Canico.
- The tour starts between 08:00 and 09:00 and you should be back before 17:00.
- The excursion is offered with an English, German, French or Spanish qualified guide.
- The tour route can be changed due to unforeseen circumstances, such as traffic restrictions and weather.