Soar above scenic snowy landscapes and enjoy unsurpassed views of Franz Josef Glacier on this epic helicopter tour. From a unique birds-eye perspective, admire views of some of New Zealand’s highest peaks, then stop for a once-in-a-lifetime snow landing.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 20 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
Select participants and date
Know before you go
- If the tour is cancelled due to weather conditions, you will be refunded
- All seats in the helicopter come with listening headsets that allows for the pilot to give a running commentary on the views and highlights of your tour
- The road leading north out of Franz Josef is closed until further notice due to flooding. It is targeted to be reopened (with restrictions) before Christmas, depending on weather
- As of Wednesday December 11, 2019, full access south from Franz Josef on State Highway 6 through to Wanaka is open with some delays to be expected