Glide effortlessly across Lake Mapourika on a three-hour kayaking tour. Take in stunning views of the Southern Alps, glaciers, and untouched Jurassic rainforest. Pick up insights from an expert guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
We are located in the same building as the Department of Conservation 63 Cron st, Franz Josef Glacier.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
Know before you go
- This is an all weather tour
- It is recommended that you wear at least 2-3 warm layers, as well as comfortable pants and shoes; do not wear jeans
- It is recommended that you bring your own water bottle and a small snack for the tour
- The road leading north out of Franz Josef is closed until further notice due to flooding. It is targeted to reopen (with restrictions) before Christmas, depending on the weather
- As of Wednesday December 11, 2019, full access south of Franz Josef on State Highway 6 through to Wanaka is open, with some delays to be expected