See the Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers from the air on a helicopter flight from Franz Josef. Enjoy picturesque views and touch down on one of the glacier's snowy plains for an unforgettable experience.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 40 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- Small group
- Limited to 6 participants
Select participants and date
Head to the Helicopter Line Base, situated on the Main Road (State Highway 6), Franz Josef Glacier.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Selfie sticks
Know before you go
- Flights, landings, and routes may vary due to weather and at the pilot’s discretion. Flight times are approximate and include your landing
- Minimum passenger numbers apply for flights. Bookings will be coordinated to achieve this where possible
- The price includes landing and concession fees as our flights land in conservation areas and special locations