Hike up to Iceland's newest volcano at Litla Hrút on this group tour from Reykjavík. Learn more about the volcano and the latest eruptions from your geologist and volcanologist guide as you walk.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 4 - 6 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 6 participants
Select participants and date
Meeting point may vary depending on the option booked.
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Food and drinks
- Hiking shoes
- Rain gear
- High-heeled shoes
- Sandals or flip flops
- Weapons or sharp objects
- Baby carriages
- Party groups
Know before you go
- The hike takes about 1-1.5 hours in each direction (2 to 3 hours in total)
- It's a difficult hike through rough terrain
- Hiking experience and good hiking gear is necessary for this excursion
- The tour can be canceled with short notice due to bad weather conditions or high levels of gas pollution from the volcano
- Because of gas pollution in the area, the hike is not recommended for children under 12 years, pregnant women, or people with lung diseases
- A volcanic eruption is a natural phenomenon, and the activity can change quickly. The view of hot glowing lava can not be guaranteed.