4. Private Unesco Experience with 9 tastings
Enjoy an unforgettable private day from Reims to Epernay.
Visit the most famous villages and vineyards, while passing through breathtaking places of the region which are part of the Unesco World Heritage Sites.
- The Cathedral of Reims, place of coronation of the kings of France, a Unesco listed site, is the first essential step of your stay in Champagne. Before giving you the opportunity to explore the interior of the structure, your guide will explain the Cathedral’s history and mysteries.
- In Epernay, the Capital of the Champagne vineyards, drive through the" Avenue de Champagne" where the superb mansions and production buildings of the Champagne Houses Moët & Chandon, Perrier Jouët, Pol Roger are located.
- Discover the Grand Cru and Premier Cru vineyards and villages with historic hillsides which were listed in 2015 as a Unesco World Heritage Sites and predominantly planted with Pinot Noir.
- Meet a family of independent producer/winegrower with an explanation of the Champagne production process, visit their presse, winery and cellar. The visit will be followed by a commented tasting of several of their Champagnes.
In addition to the Champagnes, there is a tasting of the 3 famous Champagne spirits : Ratafia, Fine de la Marne and Marc de Champagne from the Goyard Distillery, which is the oldest in Champagne.
- The village of Aÿ-Champagne was the main center of the Champagne industry. In the 16th century, the kings of France had their own wine presses here and the wines of Champagne used to be called “Wines of Aÿ”. The vineyard is classified as Grand Cru at the highest level of the Appellation.
On our visit to this historic village and its well-known vineyard, we’ll discuss the vineyard management, the different grape varieties, the exceptional Terroir and sustainable viticulture.
The tour includes a stop in front of the headquarters of the famous Champagne Houses in Aÿ such as Bollinger, Deutz and Ayala.
- For lunch, we have selected for you Champagne and dining bars appreciated by the locals in order to share this convivial moment.
- When visiting Hautvillers called the “Cradle of Champagne”, enjoy a private tour of the Church where you will be able to visit the grave of Dom Pérignon known as the spiritual father of Champagne.
We will pause to enjoy the magnificent panorama of Champagne overlooking the Vallée de la Marne, the place where Dom Pérignon carried out his experiments in winemaking.
It is the ideal place in the heart of the vineyards to take unforgettable photos of you and this breathtaking landscape.