Rhine Falls and Best of Zurich City Full-Day Tour
- Visit Europe's largest waterfall at the Rhine Falls on the Upper Rhine River
- Drive through the lush farmlands and vineyards of northern Switzerland
- See the Chagall windows in the Fraumünster Church in Zurich
- Go to the Lindenhof neighborhood to see Zurich's Roman castle
- Discover where Albert Einstein went to college
- Enjoy panoramic views from Zürichberg
- Take an optional boat ride to the heart of the Rhine Falls in summer
- Travel on the Dolder railway
Transfer by coach through the charming farming village of Marthalen. Admire its traditional frame houses and the 16th-century Munot Fortress. Pass some of the area’s famous vineyards. Upon arrival at the Rhine Falls on the Upper Rhine River, gaze in awe at a spectacular landscape that dates back to the Ice Age.
During the summer you can take an optional boat ride to the middle of the Rhine Falls and experience the cascading waters from the viewing platforms at their very heart.
Return to Zurich at 12:45 where you have some time at leisure, perfect for lunch, to relax and to explore the area. Meet back at the coach at 15:30 for a tour of the city landmarks. See the enchanting buildings of the Old Town. Go to the Swiss National Museum, built in the style of a Renaissance chateau. Continue to the Lindenhof neighborhood to see the Roman castle. Discover Europe’s largest clock face on the façade of St. Peter’s Church.
Admire the stained glass windows by Marc Chagall in the Fraumünster Church. Learn about the abbey's history. Continue to the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, one of the highest-ranked engineering colleges in the world, where past alumni include Albert Einstein. End the day with a ride on the Dolder Railway, and enjoy a panoramic view of the valley from the Zürichberg.
- Transportation by comfortable, air-conditioned bus
- Multilingual guide
- Ticket for the Dolder Railway
- Entrance fees during the Zurich city tour
- Personal expenses
- Boat ride in the summer to the rock at the middle of the Rhine Falls. Tickets can be purchased directly from the tour guide at CHF 10 for adults and CHF 5 for children (rates subject to change)
Prepare for the activity
Meet at the Sihlquai parking lot, near Zurich Main Train Station Directions from Zürich Main Train Station: Go to track No. 18 (this is the last track on the ground floor). You will see the street on your right hand side. Follow the track until the street turns right. Turn right. After approximately 20 meters, you will see Starbucks. The big square in front of it is Sihlquai Coach Parking Directions by streetcar: Take streetcar 4, 13 or 17 to "Sihlquai." Sihlquai Coach Parking is just opposite StarbucksOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• A pick-up from Zurich Airport at 09:15 is available upon registration. The bus driver is not able to wait for late arrivals at Zurich Airport. Please arrive early
• You will have approximately 2.5 hours free time for lunch in Zurich between the morning excursion and the city tour
• The optional boat ride is not available during the winter season (November through March)
• Spanish speaking tours are only available on request