Rhine Falls: Coach Tour from Zurich
- Visit the Rhine Falls, Europe's largest waterfall
- Drive through spectacular scenery in a comfortable coach
- Take an optional boat ride to the middle of the falls during the summer
- Choose an airport or city center departure
The highlight of the trip will undoubtedly be the sight of the Rhine Falls. This natural feature is located on the Upper Rhine River and has been around since the Ice Age.
During the summer you can take an optional boat ride to the middle of the falls, at the heart of the cascading waters, and enjoy the magnificent spectacle from the viewing platforms.
Alternatively, you can enjoy a leisurely hour on the banks of the river. The return journey takes you over the border to southern Germany for a short stretch. Back in Zurich, you’ll be dropped off in the city center or at the airport.
A multi-lingual guide leads the excursion, and with airport pick-up and drop-off available. The tour is a great way to start or end your vacation.
- Comfortable bus transportation
- English- and German-speaking guides (Spanish-speaking guide – only available on request - not guaranteed)
- Airport pick-up and drop off
- Boat ride in the summer to the rock at the middle of the Rhine Falls (tickets can be purchased directly from the tour guide at CHF 10 for adults and CHF 5 for children, with rates subject to change)
Prepare for the activity
Pick-up in Zurich city center is at 9:00 AM at the Sihlquai coach park. Pick-up at Zurich Airport is possible at 09:15 AM upon registration. From your arrival hall in terminal 1 or 2 please follow the signs for “Regional bus / Tramway.” Once outside the building please look to your left and you will see the coach parking. Wait at the sign board saying “Reisebus Terminal.” Your guide will arrive by coach and wave a clip board saying “Best of Switzerland Tours” and pick you up there. Please take note that your coach is on the road prior to your pick-up and depending on traffic conditions may be a little late.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• The bus driver is not able to stop and wait for late arrivals at Zurich Airport. Please arrive early
• The optional boat ride is not available during the winter season (November through March)
• Spanish is only available on request
• The tour ends at around 12:45 at Carpark Sihlquai in Zurich City, or at 12:15 at the "Reisebus Terminal" at Zurich Airport
• Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure