Kornati Kayaking and Cycling Day Trip from Zadar
- Kayak through some of 89 islands and reefs that form Kornati National Park
- Cycle along dirt trails through Telašćica Reserve with stunning views of the archipelago
- Swim and snorkle in deep waters under the high cliffs of Kornat islands and reefs
- Spread your towel on rocky shoreline of a random little island far from civlisation and then jump in crystal clear tourqoise sea
- Spend an active day completely immersed in Croatia's beautiful nature
- See ruins of Roman noblemen's house and Illyrian tombs to get a perspective of istorical forces that created Zadar as we know it today
11:40 AM: Meet at Sali Harbor where you will alight the catamaran, and walk to the base where your bike will be customized.
12:00 PM - 12:30 PM: Cycling (around 30 minutes) Telašćica Reserve is partially a grid of one hundred-year-old olive fields and a partially barren terrain of carbonate rock. The route combines dirt roads and concrete roads that meander on the island hilltops, finishing in one of the secluded bays.
Then the bikes will be left as you hop into the pro touring (sit-in) kayaks (singles or doubles) and head towards Kornati National Park. From Kornati you can expect a very diverse paddling area with caves, cliffs and straits with views changing every couple of hundred meters. We move through a number of small uninhabited islands ideal for swimming, snorkeling and breathing in the air on these remote and stunningly raw islands.
12:30 PM – 4:00 PM Sea kayaking to Kornati National park (including time for snorkeling, swimming and a picnic lunch break). Picnic lunch break is not included in the price, so please make sure you bring some picnic food with you. There are no restaurants in the area and we stop in uninhabited islands.
Sites on the way: Expect to find Roman and Illyrian archeological sites (hear some insightful stories and anthropological observations about it on the trip). See kilometer long stone walls on an island with no running water or electricity.
Note that the schedule is slightly different on Sunday to accommodate for different boat connections. On Sunday, you arrive to the meeting point at 09.00 AM and depart the island at 07.55 PM (arriving in Zadar at 08:40 PM)
The approximate duration of your full day experience is 4-6 hours (1 hour cycling, 4-5 hour kayaking). The length is decided by the guide and depends on the weather and the preferences of the group. You can estimate cycling 10km, and kayaking 4-10km.
This itinerary serves as an approximate guide as the aim of the tour is to give you an authentic Croatian adventure. The route may change during the trip to take the advantage of any possible opportunity, such as the weather conditions or according to the group’s preferences. Please note that weather conditions, transport delays and other factors may influence the itinerary.
Physical fitness: No kayaking experience required, but a moderate level of fitness is expected. Guests must feel comfortable with 6-8 hours of activity.
Lunch: You will stop on one of the islands where we will have picnic lunch break. Picnic lunch break is not included in the price, so please make sure you bring some picnic food with you.
Group size: There is a minimum of 2 people and maximum of 10 people per group. It's nice to keep it small and cozy.
- Touring kayak with rudders and all supporting gear (paddles, spray deck, life jacket, 20 litre dry bag)
- Bike Rental (19 inch and 17 inch hardtail Giant MTB)
- Entrance tickets to Telašćica Reserve and tickets for Kornati National Park
- Nautical map of the area
- ICU certified guide for day's kayaking and cycling
- Food and drinks
- Ferry and catamaran ticket to the bike base in Sali (around €10 per person)
- Tips for the guide
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point is Sali Harbour. Our guide will wait for you as you get off the catamaran (departing Zadar Old Town) in the Sali harbour on island Dugi Otok. It is the first stop after you board the catamaran in Zadar.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Cash (poor mobile signal for card machine)
• One ATM in the town of Sali is sometimes empty
• Picnic food for lunch. There is also a well stocked supermarket in Sali with plenty of vegetarian and vegan supplies (the supermarket always accepts cards)
• Hat (to reduce sun exposure)
• 2 liter water bottle (you can buy in the supermarket)
• Water shoes (for exit on sharp rocks)
• Running shoes (for an optional hike)
• Swimming gear (for kayaking)
• Spare clothes (to change into after kayaking for the ride back to Zadar)