From York: Steam Train, Whitby, and North Yorkshire Moors
- Climb aboard a steam train and travel across the Yorkshire Moors
- Explore Whitby and learn about its connections with Dracula and Captain Cook
- Learn about rural life in Yorkshire from an experienced local guide
- Visit the enchanting Hogsmeade Railway Station from the Harry Potter films
- Discover locations from the popular TV series Heartbeat
Learn the history of the people and natural surroundings as you travel up and down the hills. Go for a stroll amongst the heather and get breathtaking views across Rosedale. Arrive at the seaside town of Whitby, where Captain Cook learned to sail. Get about two hours to explore the ruins of Whitby Abbey and enjoy a fish and chips lunch. Take a boat trip from Whitby harbor to discover the town's vampire connections.
Next, visit Goathland, where the TV series Heartbeat was filmed, and treat yourself to a drink in the pub that serves as the fictional Aidensfield Arms. Continue to Goathland railway station – Hogsmeade Station from the Harry Potter films – and board a steam train for a magical journey on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway.
Board the minibus upon arrival in Pickering and journey back to York. Follow a scenic route through the countryside and stop to take photos of Kirkham Priory along the way.
- Transportation from York
- Local driver/guide
- Photo opportunities and regular stops
- Entrance tickets to attractions in Whitby
- Ticket for the North Yorkshire Moors Railway
- Meals and drinks
Prepare for the activity
• If it is not possible to catch a steam train, your diesel-hauled journey will be paid for