Wrocław: Jewish Heritage and History Private Tour
- Get to know the history of Wrocław's large Jewish community.
- Visit the historical Wrocław Jewish Quarter
- See the beautiful Jewish synagogue "Pod Białym Bocianem"
- Learn about Jewish life in Breslau before World War II
Journey to ul. Meadow, the street where the largest synagogue in Na Wygonie once stood. The synagogue there was once a significant place of worship for the Reform Judaism movement. Members of this sect mitigated certain religious restrictions, allowing them to achieve an active public life in German society, while at the same time maintaining their religious devotion. Tragically, the synagogue was destroyed during the Kristallnacht in 1938.
Explore the Jewish Quarter and see the former Jewish Theater as well as the Ghetto Heroes' Memorial in Plac Bohaterów Getta. Enter the courtyard of the White Stork Synagogue. Many concerts and exhibitions take place at this important center of Jewish culture. Next door is the Little Synagogue which surrounded on three sides by the offices of the Wrocław Jewish Community.
Your tour ends in the Jewish Quarter, where if you choose, you can have lunch at one of the neighborhoods many Jewish restaurants for an additional 12€.
- A professional tour guide
- Entrance fees. (Entrance to the synagogue is 3€ per person.)
- Dinner at a Jewish restaurant or Jewish cafe is 12€ per person.