U Street Neighborhood Food Tour
- Enjoy tastings from a variety of local restaurants on a 3-hour walking tour
- Discover DC like an insider
- Get to know the area formerly known as 'Black Broadway'
During your tour, you will learn about several significant buildings and check out street art and murals that contribute to the story of U St. In addition to the stops at multiple restaurants, where you will enjoy a variety of carefully selected tastings, you will explore the history of the neighborhood.
Stay for approximately 20 minutes at each stop and enjoy brief walks in-between. The tour will end close to the Shaw Metro stop at approximately 2:30 PM. A portion of each ticket is donated to Bread for the City, a charity that provides services to DC locals including providing food, clothing, and legal and medical services.
- All food
- Gratuities for tour guide
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
• It is recommended to dress appropriately for the weather because the tour takes place rain or shine
• It is recommended to wear comfortable walking shoes because the tour will cover 3 miles in 2 hours
• A portion of each ticket sale is donated to Bread for the City, a local charity