From Warsaw: Malbork Castle and Gdansk Day Trip with Lunch
- Visit the largest castle complex in Europe at Malbork Castle
- Go to the old Hanseatic town of Gdansk, or visit the seaside resort of Sopot
- Enjoy lunch in a local restaurant
Continue to the historic city of Gdansk to take a walk around the Old Town, and pass the Coal Market (Targ Węglowy) where the annual Christmas Market is held. See the Amber Museum, housed in the former Prison Tower, and walk through the richly decorated Golden Gate to enter Long Market leading to Green Gate. Journey back to the Middle Ages at Artus Court, where wealthy merchants would gather in the evenings in former times. Spot the colorful Dutch House (Dom Holenderski) and take a break at Neptune’s Fountain at the entrance to Artus Court. Visit the Basilica of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary and admire the largest brick church in the world.
Alternatively, you can visit the seaside resort town of Sopot if you prefer. Take a walk along the pedestrianized promenade of Bohaterów Monte Cassino ("Heroes of Monte Cassino Street") and cast your eyes on the famous ”Crooked House.” Go for a stroll along the longest wooden pier in Europe, and admire the Sopot Lighthouse, built in 1903-1904 as a part of the Balneological Institute. Go to the top of the lookout tower for a beautiful view of the city and sea.
- Transportation by car/minibus
- Hotel pickup
- English-speaking driver
- English-speaking guide in Gdansk or Sopot
- Entry fee to Malbork Castle
- Lunch (soup, main course and water) in a regular restaurant
- Free Wi-Fi