Ushuaia: Penguin Watching Tour by Catamaran
- Navigate the Beagle Channel in a modern and comfortable boat
- Visit Sea Lion Island, Bird Island and Les Eclaireurs Lighthouse
- See Magellanic and Papuas penguins in their natural habitat
After that, reach Sea Lion Island which also belongs to the Bridges Archipelago and is inhabited by 2 different species of sea lion. Arrive at the Les Eclaireurs (The Illuminators) Lighthouse where you will find imperial and rocky cormorants colonies. Hear the story of the collapse of the SS Monte Cervantes in 1930.
Next, continue sailing East into the wonderful landscapes of the Beagle Channel surrounded by stunning mountain ranges. Admire both Puerto Almanza on the Argentina coast and the Puerto Williams Naval Base on the Chilean coast. After that, head onwards to Martillo Island, also known as Penguin Island where you will have the opportunity to observe a colony of Magellanic and Papua penguins in their natural habitat. Make the return journey back to the dock, where your tour will end.
- Local Spanish/English-speaking guide
- Navigation certificate
- Port taxes
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks, available on board for purchase
Prepare for the activity
Catamaranes Canoero ticket office, Avenida Prefectura Naval Argentina 470, V9410 Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina. The building is white and green, with a big logo at the front.Open in Google Maps ⟶