Downtown Austin Adventure: 3-Hour Smartphone Scavenger Hunt
- Experience a tour of Austin unlike any other on this smartphone scavenger hunt
- Explore the city using your smartphone, racing against the other teams
- Stop and go as you please, taking as much time as you need to see the sights
- Learn about Austin's main attractions and interesting history
Turn downtown Austin into your own personal game board and let your smart phone be your guide in a competition to see best sights of the city and learn all about its fascinating local history. This 3-hour Amazing Race-style scavenger hunt provides the perfect tour for groups – large or small – that are looking to make their Austin experience fun and memorable.
Begin the adventure in the heart of the State’s Capitol and race with your team through the city's most interesting historic sites, along the exciting 6th Street, down the scenic riverfront, and to various other gems hidden nestled in the vibrant city of Austin.
Points of Interest on Your Quest:
Frank Hot Dogs
Lady Bird Lake
- Smartphone scavenger hunt for one team
- Smartphone or iPad with internet capability
- Transportation to the starting location
Prepare for the activity
Travel by foot, car or public transportation to the Texas State Library and Archives Building located on Brazos Street between 12th Street and 13th Street. Public parking is available in a number of lots in the area.Open in Google Maps ⟶
This tour is offered at a fixed group price instead of a per-person pricing scale, so this is the perfect city adventure for groups who want to get the best bang for their buck.
All information you need to start your tour will be sent to your smartphone, which will be your guide (you will not meet with an actual person).
You may purchase your tour days, weeks, or months before your adventure.
It's a good idea to bring water, snacks, money, a city map, calculator, pencil and paper and, of course, a fully-charged smartphone.