Luxor: 2-Day West and East Bank, Felucca, and Light Show
Pickup includedMeet your guide at your hotel lobby in Luxor. Pickup service is available at any hotel in Luxor, excluding West Bank hotels, the airport, and the bus or train station ($10 surcharge each way). Please be ready 15 minutes before your pickup time.
- Marvel at the historical edifices in the splendid Karnak Temple Complex
- Admire the spell-binding architecture of Luxor Temple
- Watch a marvelous light and sound show staged at Karnak Temple in the evening
- Catch a bird's-eye-view of Luxor during a thrilling hot air balloon ride, if tour option selected
- Explore the Valley of Kings and visit the tombs of celebrated Egyptian rulers
Next, continue to the magnificent Luxor Temple, an ancient sandstone temple complex built by great kings such as Amenhotep III, Alexander the Great, Tutankhamun and Ramesses II. After exploring the temple complex, take a delightful ride a felucca, traditional Egyptian sailing boat before savoring a lovely lunch at a local restaurant (upgrade lunch at Banana Island is available as an add-on). You'll then be dropped off back at your hotel or selected location around 2 PM.
In the evening, rejoin your guide with hotel pickup at around 6 PM for the Sound and Light Show at Karnak Temple, if you select this optional tour. Find out about the eventful history of ancient Thebes, the glory of Egyptian civilization, and the legacy of the pharaohs with the show's narration. Enjoy a supernatural experience of poetic voices, haunting music, and light and sound effects before being dropped back to your hotel or selected location.
Day 2 begins with pickup again, after which you'll make your way to either the hot air balloon port or the West Bank of Luxor, depending on the tour option selected. If you opt for the balloon ride, cross to the west bank of the River Nile to watch the sunrise. Listen to the pilot and ground crew's safety briefing and instructions, then hop into the basket of the balloon. As the balloon gently rises in the sky, relish the breathtaking view of Luxor and catch the glory of the morning sun.
Next, head to the West Bank of Luxor to visit the Valley of the Kings, or go there directly if you don't take the hot air balloon option. Glance around the complex and see the tombs and resting places of remarkable Egyptian kings such as Merneptah, Ramesses III, and Ramesses VI. You can also visit the entrance to the famed Tutankhamun’s Tomb if you purchase the add-on.
From here, move on to the Mortuary Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, dedicated to the fifth pharaoh and the only female ruler of Egypt who reigned for 20 peaceful years. Finally, discover the Mortuary Temple of Amenhotep III at the Colossi of Memnon before breaking for lunch at a local restaurant. Thereafter, you will be dropped back to your hotel or selected location.
- Pickup and drop-off at your selected location in Luxor
- Entrance fees covering "Karnak, Luxor, Hatshepsut Temples, and Valley of Kings"
- Egyptologist tour guide for 2 days
- 1-hour felucca ride on the River Nile on day 1
- Lunch at a local restaurant each day
- Mineral water for both days
- Drinks during lunch
- Extra drinks during the tours
- Tipping (not mandatory)
- Lunch upgrade at Banana Island on day 1 (available as an add-on)
- Sunrise hot air balloon ride over Luxor (available as an add-on)
- Sound and Light show in English at Karnak Temple at night (available as an add-on)
- Photo pass at the tombs (available as an add-on)
- Tutankhamun's tomb (available as an add-on)
- Any extras not mentioned in the tour
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Sun hat
- Luggage or large bags
• The Sound and Light show is available every day in English. You can select this from the add-on options provided
• If the hot air balloon option is selected, the pickup time will be at 4:30 AM. Please notify your hotel to prepare a breakfast box on or before the time of the pickup
• Carry your ID cards and passport
• Optional extras on this tour are: lunch at Banana Island; a photo pass at the tombs; Sound and Light Show in Karnak; Tutankhamun's tomb; and the sunrise hot air balloon ride. You can select these add-ons (except the hot air balloon ride which is a separate tour option) after the add to cart option for the main tour