Full-Day Etna, Wine & Alcantara Canyons Tour from Taormina
Pickup includedPickup from your accommodation in Taormina, Giardini Naxos, and nearby areas. For those staying in Letojanni and Castelmola, a convenient meeting point will be arranged. For those coming from different areas, other accessible meeting points will be arranged that include free parking.
- Hike through ancient woods to the perimeters of extinct craters
- Explore one of Etna's amazing lava caves
- Taste Etna wines and enjoy a typical Sicilian lunch
Enjoy a 2-hour hike around the perimeters of extinct craters and along lava-covered paths at an altitude of 2,000 meters above sea level. Visit the volcanic underground, discovering one of the wonders of Etna.
Stop for lunch and visit a local winery for a guided tasting of Etna wines (DOC). The 3-course lunch features typical Sicilian antipasti, a main course, and a delicious dessert.
Last on the itinerary is a visit to the Alcantara Canyons, formed thousands of years ago when lava flowed into the Alcantara River, from a panoramic view point.
- Tour guide
- Pick-up and drop off from your accommodation or close by
- Entrance fees
- Rental of hiking boots, jacket, walking stick (and snow shoes in winter time)
- Lunch and wine tasting
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes