Cape Finisterre & Costa da Morte Day Tour from Santiago
- Journey along the Costa da Morte and discover how this stretch of coast got its name
- Head to Cape Finisterre and admire the view from the lighthouse
- Stop at the Castle of Vimianzo, a 12th century fortification which houses a sample of local crafts
- Marvel at the unique waterfall in Ézaro that empties into the sea
- Discover the religious pilgrimage site of Muxía
See Cape Finisterre Lighthouse, the westernmost area of Europe. Since ancient times, this place was considered by the Romans to be the end of the earth. Here you can enjoy stunning views of the cliffs, brave the waters of the Atlantic, and also take some free time for lunch in the town of Finisterre.
Another essential point is Muxía, a typical fishing village and well known for its Virxe da Barca sanctuary, a baroque building built in the 11th-century chapel with a balcony facing towards the sea.
And finally, discover the Vimianzo Castle, a fortress built in the 12th century, it is home to a large sample of local crafts including bobbin lace, silver, basketry, and linen. Do not miss the opportunity to discover one of the most unique areas of Galicia.
- Transport in coach
- Galician, Spanish, and English-speaking guide
- Mobile phone app; bring your headphones
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drink
- Personal expenses
Prepare for the activity
1st departure: 8:40 AM Palace of Congresses (next to the flags of the main door), this stop is in the outskirts of the city, in the area of San Lázaro. 2nd departure: 9:00 AM Calle Senra, nº14, Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain. Next to the bakery "Miguez" (this stop is in the city center).Open in Google Maps ⟶
• In order to ensure a satisfactory visit, the guide in charge may make necessary changes to the itinerary