Santa Barbara: Refugio State Beach Kayaking Trip
- Kayak through the stunning undeveloped, open coastline of California
- Learn about Marine Ecology and the Santa Barbara Channel as you pause in pristine crystal bays
- Play a series of fun kayak games and activities
- Swim in the beautiful waters and enjoy a delicious lunch relaxing on the beach
Due to health and safety regulations, this itinerary may change. See Know before you go for the latest updates.
When you are on the water and feeling comfortable with your paddling skills, you will set off on a stunning 4.8 km journey. You will stop amid pristine kelp beds to learn about marine ecology and the Santa Barbara Channel. Keep an eye out for dolphins that often swim and play alongside the kayaks.
At midday, you will stop for a delicious lunch served on a secluded beach. After an optional swim, venture back to shore and on the way take part in some fun kayak challenges and games. This is an unforgettable trip and the perfect half-day activity.
- Picnic lunch on the beach
- All associated kayaking gear (wetsuit, PFD, helmet, paddle)
- Comprehensive instruction
- Knowledgeable guide and discussion about natural history and marine ecology
- The state beach parking fee of $10
- Transportation to Refugio State Beach
- Children under 5 years
Prepare for the activity
Refugio State Beach Your guide will be set up with kayaks and a Santa Barbara Adventure Company umbrella on the beach. They will be in a bright blue sun shirt with "Guide" on the back. If you cannot find your guide within a few minutes - PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE. From the South: Follow Hwy 101 north of Santa Barbara approximately 19 miles (2 miles past El Capitan State beach). Exit at Refugio State Beach turn off. Turn left on Refugio Road, go under the hwy overpass and enter Refugio State Beach on you right. From the North: Follow Hwy 101 South towards Santa Barbara, stopping approximately 17 miles north of town (2 miles north of El Capitan State beach). Exit at Refugio State Beach turn off. Turn right on Refugio Road and enter Refugio State Beach on you right. Once you enter: $10 day use fee payable at the rangers Kiosk. Enter the park. Take your first left then a quick right then another quick left towards the waterfront. Park near the camp store.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• The level of difficulty is easy to moderate with a paddling distance of 3 miles (4.8 km)
• Children under the age 5 are not permitted. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers
• Double kayaks are automatically provided. Singles are available for odd number parties. Guests over 230lbs will be provided a single kayak
• This tour requires a minimum number of 2 participants in order to run
• There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Product ID: 199654