San Francisco Bay: Sail & Jail Boat Cruise & Alcatraz Ticket
- Visit Alcatraz Island and explore the notorious prison
- Cruise past Alcatraz and under the Golden Gate Bridge as you look for sea lions
- View the striking skyline of San Francisco, always in sight during your cruise
- Sail along the beautiful San Francisco Bay on this 1.5-hour cruise
- Enjoy a second cruise as you take the ferry out to Alcatraz
View your surroundings from a protected viewing area, or you could really live on the edge and stand on the canvas trampoline nets with the waves beneath your feet. Pick up a helpful navigation guide providing information about San Francisco's landmarks as you sail past.
Complete the trip by taking the helm from the captain for a chance to steer the boat yourself: it's the perfect activity for kids as well as kids at heart. The captain and crew are always there, happy to snap a photo or answer your questions about the sights of San Francisco.
If all this excitement makes you hungry, there are snacks, soda, beer, or wine available at the cabin's snack bar. So come and see San Francisco's skyline like never before on this incredible sailing adventure.
The second part of your combination tour is a ferry ride and visit the notorious Alcatraz Prison, which served as a federal penitentiary from 1934 to 1963 and housed infamous criminals like Al Capone and Robert Stroud, the Birdman. Take the award-winning 45-minute Cellhouse audio tour and hear the tales of those who lived Alcatraz. This tour brings history to life through the recounting of tales from correctional officers and prisoners.
Please note that the catamaran cruise does not stop at Alcatraz Island. You will receive a separate ticket to board the ferry from San Francisco's Pier 33 to Alcatraz Island.
- 1.5-hour catamaran cruise (does not stop at Alcatraz Island)
- Ferry ticket and entrance to Alcatraz Island
- Refreshments (available for purchase on board)
Prepare for the activity
The Alcatraz Cruise departs from Pier 33 where your tickets will be at the will call/reserved tickets window. From March through to May and September through to December: The Alcatraz Cruise departs between 8:45 AM and 9:30 AM; and the 1:00 PM catamaran cruise departs from Pier 39, Gate J, next to the sea lions. From June through to August: The Alcatraz Cruise departs between 2:10 PM and 3:20 PM; and the 11:00 AM catamaran cruise departs from Pier 39, Gate J, next to the sea lions.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
• You must provide the full name of all participants when booking in order to receive your Alcatraz tickets. In the case of incomplete information, you will not receive your tickets or receive a refund.
• Please wear soft-soled shoes
• No outside beverages are allowed on board