San Francisco: Alcatraz, Chinatown & Fortune Cookie Factory
- Enjoy a pre-reserved Alcatraz Island ticket and explore with the award winning Cellhouse audio guide
- Get all the best tips and tricks for visiting Alcatraz like a local and plan an impeccable day in San Francisco
- Discover all the hidden spaces in Chinatown in the company of an incredible, entertaining guide
- Taste fortune cookies, hot off the press, at the Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory
After your Alcatraz tour, take the ferry back to the docks and meet your guide for a walking tour of Chinatown. Start your tour near the Dragon’s gate, and learn about the neighborhood’s history as a seedy port district. Hear stories of the drunken sailors who would visit the neighborhood's opium dens and brothels.
Discover how the neighborhood has transformed over the decades. See neighborhood landmarks including Waverly Place, Portsmouth Square, and St. Mary’s Cathedral. Stop into a traditional apothecary. Try some tasty treats at some of the city’s best bakeries. Snack on some fresh fortune cookies, a San Francisco invention. Explore Chinatown’s vibrant restaurant scene. Learn about the eight great cuisines of China check out some of the city’s best dim sum spots.
- Expert local guide
- Alcatraz Island ticket including roundtrip ferry and audio guide
- Guided walking tour of Chinatown
- Tasting and demonstration at Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory
- Special hand-made, custom fortune cookie to go
- Hotel pickup/drop-off
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Morning Meeting Point - Alcatraz Ticket Tour: - 1800 Montgomery Street (directly across from Alcatraz Landing). Meet your guide to the left (while facing Hillstone) at the bronze statue of a cowboy riding a fish. Afternoon Meeting Point - Chinatown Tour: - 10 Mark Lane (The Irish Bank). Meet your guide at 3:50 PM for a prompt departure at 4:00 PM, at the entrance of Mark Alley from Bush Street.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Baby strollers
• Due to Alcatraz's changing schedule, the tour operator will contact you within 10-days of your tour to confirm your ticket time.
• Please note, your tour includes a 30-minute introduction to Alcatraz prior to departure on the ferry.
• Please note that due to policies governed by Alcatraz, you must provide the name and birthdate for each person visiting the island. You will be asked to provide this information by the tour operator after booking.
• All travelers over the age of 18 must bring ID for their Alcatraz tour. Without ID, tickets cannot be released for you to travel to Alcatraz.
• Please do not try to collect your Alcatraz tickets from the ticket booth. You must meet your guide at the meeting point, 10 minutes prior to the tour departure time.