San Francisco 2-Day Tour: Segway Tour and Alcatraz Ticket
- Visit Alcatraz Island and enjoy the ferry ride
- Enjoy a guided Segway Tour of San Francisco
- Witness unforgettable views of San Francisco, Golden Gate Bridge, and Alcatraz Island
- Experience great photo opportunities
- Have two iconic San Francisco experiences in one
Start your 2-day adventure by boarding a ferry at Pier 33 for the 10-minute ride across placid San Francisco Bay toward Alcatraz Island. Marvel at the views of the city from the vantage point of the water as you head toward the city's most famous tourist attraction.
Upon arrival, you will watch an informative movie about Alcatraz, which once housed some of the nation’s most heinous criminals, including Al Capone and James ‘Whitey’ Bulger. A number of inmates tried to escape the massively fortified island, but no one is known to have succeeded. Take an audio tour of the cellblocks and historic buildings that are a gloomy contrast to the spellbinding views of San Francisco’s skyline in the distance.
Your Segway tour isn’t until the next day, so there’s no need to hurry. Explore the compound at your own pace and head back to the mainland when you wish; ferries depart roughly every half hour.
Day 2 - City Segway Tour:
The day after your expedition to Alcatraz, meet your guide for your either two or three hour morning or afternoon Segway tour; an intimate, leisurely way to see more of San Francisco than you would on a walking tour or bus tour. Receive a safety orientation to get comfortable on your Segway, and then set off to explore the city with your small group and knowledgeable guide.
Listen to your guide talk about the city’s rich history as you glide past its most distinctive landmarks, stopping for incredible photo opportunities. On the morning or afternoon Segway tour, cruise past bustling Fisherman’s Wharf and take in vistas of the Golden Gate Bridge’s regal red towers and Alcatraz’s imposing outline. See the shops and restaurants of Ghirardelli Square and historic marine vessels at Hyde Street Pier and Aquatic Park. Admire a famous San Francisco cable car, and end your adventure by seeing the Palace of Fine Arts and roaming through the Marina district.
- Entrance Ticket to Alcatraz Island
- Ferry Transportation to Alcatraz Island
- Guided Segway Tour
- Segway Orientation
- Guide gratuity (optional)
- Children under 12 years
- Pregnant women
Prepare for the activity
ALCATRAZ - Ferries to Alcatraz Island depart from Pier 33 San Francisco, CA 94133. SEGWAY TOUR - Your tour meets at our office, located at 333 Jefferson Street, Suite 123 in the Anchorage Square Shopping CenterOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Open-toed shoes
• Date selected for this tour is for the Alcatraz portion of the tour and may not be changed
• For security purposes, a government-issued photo ID is required by all guests to board the Alcatraz ferry
• Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times on Alcatraz Island
• Alcatraz audio tour is available in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Mandarin, Portuguese and Korean
• Segway tour is scheduled for the following day at the departure time selected at time of booking
• All Segway riders must sign a liability waiver
• Pregnant women are not permitted to ride the Segway for safety reasons
• Minimum Segway weight requirement is 100 lbs (45 kg) and maximum weight limit is 260 lbs (118 kg)