Napa Valley Hot Air Balloon Adventure
Pickup optionalPlease provide details of your Napa, Oakville, Rutherford, or St. Helena hotel. The local partner will contact you to confirm your reservation and arrange pickup at your hotel in the listed areas.
- Marvel at one of a kind views of Napa Valley and its surrounding scenery
- Float over rolling hills, idyllic vineyards, and picturesque Mount Saint Helena
- Be enchanted by the pleasant light and the peaceful sounds of the early morning from your hot air balloon
Start your day early to make the most of the pleasant light and tranquility that follows sunrise. On most mornings, launch from the heart of Yountville, a charming rural village in Napa Valley renowned for its award-winning restaurants and premium wineries.
Check in with your certified pilot, then ascend above the valley floor. Marvel at the panoramic views that soon open up, and gaze at Mount Saint Helena in the Mayacamas Mountains, one of the few mountains in the San Francisco Bay Area to receive snowfall during the winter. With favorable winds, even catch a glimpse of the San Francisco skyline and the spectacular Sierras to the east.
Depending on the wind conditions, float between 1,000 and 3,000 feet (roughly 300 and 900 meters) above the valley floor with your pilot. As you descend to the valley floor at the end of your trip, take in the breathtaking scenery one last time.
- Small group (8-12 passengers) flight that ranges from 40 minutes to more than one hour depending on wind speed
- Certified pilot
- Coffee, hot tea, and pastries prior to the flight
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (in Yountville only)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside of Yountville (please select the option with a shuttle if your hotel is within Napa, Oakville, Rutherford, or St. Helena)
- Children under 6 years
- Pregnant women
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
- People afraid of heights
- People with vertigo
Prepare for the activity
Meet at the V Marketplace, Vintage 1870, 6525 Washington Street, in Yountville, adjacent to the launch site for your hot air balloon trip. If you are staying in Yountville, please inform the local operator of your hotel's name.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
• Please make sure to indicate your hotel at the time of checkout
• You may also drive to the meeting location and park at the V Marketplace south parking lot entrance
• On foggy mornings in Yountville, the local operator will shuttle the group to an exclusive launching area either in Pope Valley or Paradisa Valley, if necessary.
• Infants, children under 6 years old who cannot see over the side of the basket (at least 4 foot/1.22 meters tall), pregnant women, and people with chronic pain or who have had recent major surgery will not be permitted to fly
• Passengers stand during the flight and the balloons do not have doors. You will need to be able to get in and out of the hot air balloon