Muir Woods, Sausalito and San Francisco Bay Cruise
- See giant Redwood trees towering above you
- 1-1/4 hours top at Muir Woods - the longest of any tour company
- Explore the quaint town of Sausalito
- Relax on a one hour cruise of San Francisco Bay
Marin’s unique topography comes into view. Tidal flats along the bay segue into gentle undulating hills as they rise to meet Mt. Tamalpais, Marin’s 2,600-foot landmark.
As your tour ascends Mt. Tam, breathtaking views abound at every turn. Descending into the valley toward Muir Woods, you will see a landscape that hasn’t changed since its original inhabitants, the Coast Miwok Indians, lived here centuries ago.
You will have 1-1/4 hour to spend in Muir Woods, the most time offered on any sightseeing tour program. There will be ample time to stroll the Nature Trail along picturesque Redwood Creek, and through Cathedral and Bohemian Groves, filled with 500 to 800-year-old redwoods. Be sure to stop at the Visitors Center and Gift Shop.
The next stop on your tour is beautiful Sausalito, a Mediterranean-like community with elegant hillside homes facing the bay and a unique colony of floating homes moored along the waterfront.
You will have time to stroll Downtown Sausalito, a National Historical Landmark District offering many fine shops, galleries and restaurants. Your return to San Francisco by motorcoach will be via the Golden Gate Bridge and through San Francisco’s Marina District.
The final portion of your tour is a one hour cruise of the San Francisco Bay where you will sail by the famous Alcatraz Island and under the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Transportation by luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi and restroom
- Narrated tour to Muir Woods and Sausalito
- Admission to Muir Woods with free time to explore
- Free time in picturesque Sausalito
- Bay cruise from Pier 39
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup & drop-off