San Francisco Hop-On Hop-Off: Classic, Premium or Deluxe
- See the sights of San Francisco as you explore at your own pace
- Hop-on and off at over 20 locations/stops
- Cross the Golden Gate Bridge aboard a double decker bus
- Take in sweeping views of San Francisco Bay
- Explore historic neighborhoods such as Fisherman’s Wharf and Haight-Ashbury
The hop-on hop-off route stops at over 20 key points of interest all around San Francisco. Experience the diverse culture, beautiful parks, stunning architecture, and picturesque views from the top of an open-air sightseeing bus. Hop-off and back on at your leisure to create your own customized itinerary around the city. Explore 3 routes dependent on your ticket purchase:
San Francisco City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour:
Operates: Daily from 9:00 - 17:00. Every 10-15 minutes in summer and 20-30 minutes in winter. The route lasts 2.5 hours
Explore San Francisco’s famous landmarks on a hop-on hop-off sightseeing tour. Sit back and enjoy the ride as you cruise through the city on an open-top bus and learn about San Francisco's unique history. You have the choice of a personal recorded commentary, available in 10 languages, or an entertaining live commentary. This is the best way to discover all that San Francisco has to offer. Important: The Panoramic Night Tour is not a hop-on hop-off tour.
This unique city tour has 20 stops for guests to hop-on and hop-off at. From Fisherman’s Wharf to the iconic Golden Gate Bridge, immerse yourself in San Francisco’s diverse culture, beautiful parks, stunning architecture and picturesque views.
San Francisco Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Loop:
Stop 1: Big Bus Tour Visitor Center – Corner of Jefferson and Mason Streets
Stop 2: Holiday Inn Fisherman’s Wharf – Northpoint between Jones and Columbus Streets
Stop 3: Washington Square – Corner of Columbus and Union Streets
Stop 4: Embarcadero Center – Corner of Clay and Battery Streets
Stop 5: Ferry Building - 1 Market Street, between Stuart and Spear Streets
Stop 6: Union Square South – Geary Street across from Macy’s Entrance
Stop 7: Hilton Hotel – Corner of Mason and Ellis Streets
Stop 8: Civic Center - Fulton Street between Larkin and Hyde
Stop 9: Alamo Square/Painted Ladies - Corner of Fell and Pierce Streets
Stop 10: Haight Ashbury - Corner of Haight and Shrader Streets
Stop 11: Golden Gate Park - Music Concourse Drive Golden Gate Park
Stop 12: Golden Gate Bridge- North Vista Point Main Parking Area
Stop 13: Palace of Fine Arts – Corner of Richardson Ave and Francisco Street
Stop 14: Marina Neighborhood - Corner of Lombard and Gough Streets
Stop 15: Lombard Street Corridor - Corner of Lombard and Gough Streets
Stop 16: Union Square North - Powell Street Outside Westin Hotel side entrance
Stop 17: Chinatown Gate - Grant Street outside Triton Hotel
Stop 18: Chinatown - Portsmouth Square at Kearny & Clay Street
Stop 19: Pier 35 Cruise Terminal – The Embarcadero
Stop 20: Pier 39 Fisherman’s Wharf
Stop 21: End of Tour - 99 Jefferson Street
Panoramic Night Tour
Operates: nightly at 18:30, 19:00 (19:30 April – October). Tour lasts 1-1.5 Hours.
Please note: No tours on Thanksgiving, December 24 and December 31.
This Panoramic Night Tour of San Francisco begins from the visitor center in Fisherman’s Wharf, taking you through the dazzling city of San Francisco. The tour then climbs up the historic Nob Hill for a stunning close-up view of the magnificent Grace Cathedral. The tour makes its way across the grand Bay Bridge for picturesque views of the city skyline from Treasure Island, site of the 1939’s World Fair. Heading back into the city, the tour will continue along the Embarcadero to view the glittering lights on the Port of San Francisco. Please note, this is not a hop-on hop-off tour.
Sausalito Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour:
Operates: Daily from 10:15 - 16:30. Every 20-30 minutes. This route lasts 1 hour.
Visit the picturesque waterfront community of Sausalito, a short distance from the Golden Gate Bridge, on the Big Bus Trolley. Discover distinctive boutiques, a wide selection of restaurants and cafes, and unique art galleries. Relax in the park, or explore the narrow streets in the hills of this quaint seaside town.
Sausalito Hop-on Hop-off Loop:
1. Golden Gate Bridge North Vista Point
2. Downtown Sausalito
3. Golden Gate Bridge South Vista Point
Please note that there are no night tours on July 4th.
- Classic ticket: 1 day of unlimited hop-on hop-off ticket and 1 hour Chinatown walking tour
- Premium ticket: 1 day of unlimited hop-on hop-off ticket, Sausalito Tour, and 1 hour Chinatown walking tour
- Deluxe ticket: 2 days on unlimited hop-on hop-off ticket, Panoramic Night Tour, Sausalito Tour, and 1 hour Chinatown walking tour.
- Live guides on most buses or pre-recorded commentary in 10 languages
- Bonus 1-hour bike rental (premium and deluxe options only)
- Bonus players arcade drink and game tokens (premium and deluxe options only)
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
Exchange your voucher at any of the bus stops along the route, or at the following ticket offices: 99 Jefferson Street (on the corner of Mason) 333 Jefferson Street (corner of Jones) Please note that the last bus for a full loop departs from Stop 1 at 17:00. The Service runs every 20 minutes during high season, and every 30 minutes during low seasonOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Oversize luggage
- Pets (assistance dogs allowed)
• Most of the open-top coaches are American Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant: scooters, wheel chairs, bikes, and strollers are allowed. Please call the Visitor Center 24 hours in advance for a schedule of buses that are ADA-accessible
• Live commentary is in English on most buses. Recorded commentary is available in 10 languages
• A complete loop (without hopping off and on) lasts approximately 2.5 hours
• Start or finish the tour at any of the stops along the route