San Antonio River: Advanced Kayak Adventure with Rapids
- Embark on a thrilling kayaking adventure with high water flow and some small rapids
- Select the most popular kayak trip, the 3-mile kayak trip which has 6 kayak chutes and is great for those who want a little excitement while kayaking
- Select the more advanced 4-mile kayak trip, which has 14 exhilarating kayak chutes and is great for people who love an adrenaline rush
If you’ve got a little more desire for thrills, upgrade your experience to the 4-mile kayak adventure, a wonderful trip for those adventurous at heart. The 4-mile kayaking trip has 14 kayaking shoots to go down and 2 sections of the river that have small rapids depending upon the weather and water level. People considering the 4-mile kayak need to be physically fit and have some kayaking experience.
You will check-in down by the Estrada Park parking lot. From there, you will be shuttled down to the main docking area where you will access the water. Before jumping in, you will hear a safety briefing and you will learn about simple paddle instructions. If you choose a guided kayak tour, your professional guide will take you out on the water and will point out all the wildlife seen while kayaking. This is a family friendly kayak trip, perfect for families with children and first-time kayakers.
Please wear weather appropriate non-cotton clothing, strap on sandals, closed toed shoes or water-shoes. You will be getting wet on this trip and it is a good idea to bring a change of clothes. It's also recommended you bring your own water bottle, sunscreen, sunglasses and hat. If needed, you can rent a dry bag for $5.00 on the day of your trip for your electronics and valuables.
- Kayak and paddle
- Life vests
- Shuttle service
- Professional guide (if Guided Tour Option is selected)
- Safety Instruction
- Dry bag (available for rent for $5 on the day of)
- Hotel pickup / drop-off
- Food and beverage
Prepare for the activity
Please check-in to meeting point at least 10 minutes prior to activity time: Espada Park, 1750 SE Military Drive, San Antonio, TX 78214 The entrance to Espada Park a small driveway is on the south side of Military Driver between the Mission Park Funeral Home and the San Antonio River. When you enter the park stay to the right. Do NOT go under the bridge! Kayak Tours: Drive past the small parking spaces on the right side of the road. Take the first right into a the parking lot and park. This is where you will meet your shuttle van. The small building is a public restroom.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Sun hat
- Change of clothes
- Water shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
• Single kayaks can hold up to 250 pounds, and double kayaks can hold up to a total of 450 pounds. If you weigh over 250 pounds, you will be outfitted in a tandem kayak. Please call reservations upon booking to let the team know you will need a tandem kayak.
• Rapids depend on the water level and cannot be guaranteed