Salt Lake City: Sunset Bike and Brothel Tour
- Explore the history of Salt Lake City with a vist to Gilgal Park, a fascinating sculpture garden with Mormon roots
- Enjoy spectacular views of the city and Wasatch Mountains
- Explore the old red light districts, and hear how the City has earned its place in history as an outlaw territory
Explore the canyon, which is the city center’s gateway straight into the Wasatch Mountains. Bike through the natural setting where black bears, moose, cougars, and elk. Sometimes these animals can even be seen in roaming through the city.
Cruise on your bike into Temple Square, the site of the original Mormon Temple. Afterward, bike to a scenic viewing point which offers views of the Wasatch Mountains, the Great Salt Lake, Antelope Island, and the University of Utah. Sip a sparkling non-alcoholic beverage as you bask in the fading light of sunset.
Then it’s off to the discovery the city’s history of prostitution, polygamy, power, and corruption. The Red Light Districts may have changed since the 1870s, but the buildings haven't.
Ride to the Salt Lake City Main Library branch. Dismount your bike and take a glass elevator to the rooftop terrace and observation deck. Take in views of the city and mountains, framed by the trees and flowers of the roof's garden. From the library, it's a leisurely ride back to the meeting point in beautiful Liberty Park.
- Bike Rental
- Water bottle
- Snack (optional)
- Sparkling beverage
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- People with mobility impairments
- People with heart problems
Prepare for the activity
Salt Lake Bicycle Tours 680 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84105, USA Meet the Northeast corner of Liberty Park, near a large pavilion called the Rice Pavilion, and look for the cruiser bikes.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Backpack or bag
- Weather-appropriate clothing