Nepal: 16-Day Everest Base Camp Wellness and Culinary Trek
- Benefit from the services of expert trek leaders and concierge
- Enjoy a trip planned with extreme attention to detail
- Rest assured knowing this experience is guaranteed to be the best
- Embark on a wellness and culinary adventure
- Undergo a transformative experience you'll never forget
The highest mountain peak of all of them is Mount Everest. Standing at 8,850metres its imposing majesty has inspired awe and wonder in those who live beneath it, those that have read about it and those who have simply seen pictures of it. This Everest Base Camp trek is no exception, following in the footsteps of the great climbing parties. We trek through Sherpa country past fields and villages before the hard work begins as we climb up to Namche Bazaar. Above the treeline the scenery is stark but spectacular. The incredible monastery at Thyangboche is wonderfully set against the backdrop of Ama Dablam, Everest and other snow-capped peaks.
Our goal is Everest Base Camp situated on the Khumbu Glacier; we also grab the opportunity to climb Kala Pathar (5,545m) for the ultimate view of Mt. Everest and to capture the spirit of this mountain legend. Your experienced Group Leader and Sherpa Guides will make your health and welfare a priority throughout this Everest Base Camp trek, providing everything possible for a safe and memorable adventure. We have allowed additional rest days for acclimatization to lower the risks of altitude sickness and therefore extended the trek to 22 days with 4 days in Kathmandu.
Over the years whilst leading treks in the Himalayas, we have built up a strong relationship with the lodge-owners, such that the owners of these lodges allow our Trekking Chefs to prepare our special dishes on some special days to pamper you and relish the taste. Finally, your comfort and safety are at the forefront in our treks, particularly at high altitude. Our leaders have comprehensive first aid training and equipment.
Day 1: Arrive in Nepal's capital, Kathmandu. Briefing for the trek.
Day 2: Fly to Lukla (2,840m) trek to Phakding. Overnight lodge. 2650m.3 hours trek
Day 3: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441m). (5 hours walking) Overnight lodging
Day 4: Namche Bazaar for acclimatization and exploration day.
Day 5: Trek to Pangboche via the famous Thyangboche monastery (3790m) and the Deboche Nunnery along with overnight lodging
Day 6: Hike up to the less trekked base camp of the most beautiful mountain in this region - Amadablam. We will continue on to a ridge at an altitude of 5000m - perfect for acclimatization while enjoying an off-the-beaten track which is taken only by mountaineers and the villagers when bringing their animals for summer grazing.
Day 7: Trek to Dingboche (4320m) and up towards Nakardzong Ridge for acclimatization. Overnight lodge, (5 to 6 hours walking)
Day 8: Trek to Lobuche (4900m) Overnight lodge (5-6 hours walking).
Day 9: Trek to Everest base camp and overnight lodging at Gorakshep (5120m)
Day 10: Trek to Kalapathar and head back toward Lobuche or Pheriche with overnight lodging, (9 hours walking)
Day 11: Trek Kyangjuma or Namche Bazaar. (Overnight lodging)
Day 12: Trek to Phakding or Monjo. Overnight Lodge
Day 13: Trek to Lukla. Last night party with the lads!
Day 14: Fly back to Kathmandu
Day 15: Morning walking tour of Ason (an old spice market) and the old Durbar Square (Palace).
- Boutique hotel in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis
- Hotel/lodges on twin sharing basis
- All transportation
- Responsible, expert trek leader
- Souvenir t-shirt
- Use of trekking kit bag during trek
- One assistant guide to every four trekkers
- Trekking "chef"
- One porter to every two trekkers
- Food for porters and crew members
- Insurance for crew and porters
- All permits
- All meals on trek
- Domestic airfare
- Filtered water
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transportation outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance (compulsory to have insurance that covers helicopter evacuation)
- Tips (suggested amount US$75 per week from each trekker for staff)
- Leader's tip at your discretion
- Items of a personal nature e.g alcoholic drinks, bottled beverages, laundry, souvenir etc.
Prepare for the activity
- Sun hat
- Hiking shoes
- Rain gear
- Sleeping bag
- Personal medication
- Hand sanitizer or tissues