This activity has GetYourGuide's stamp of approval! Exceptional customer service, knowledgeable staff, and a great time guaranteed.
See priceless works of art from the Papal collections with skip-the-line entry to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. Go on a stirring journey through centuries of art, admiring masterpieces from antiquity to Michelangelo’s legendary frescoes.
About this activity
Duration 2 hours
Skip the line
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
This activity is non-refundable
Select date and participants:
Select your entrance to explore one of the world's busiest museums by yourself at your preferred time
Marvel at Michelangelo's fresco "The Creation of Adam" in the Sistine Chapel
Get escorted inside the Vatican Museums through the fastest entrance available and then enjoy your visit at your own pace
Take a stirring journey through art and religious history with skip-the-line escorted entry to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel.
Meet the GetYourGuide Guest Relations Team at the meeting point 15 minutes before your scheduled entrance time to start the activity. They will be on hand to lead you inside the attraction. Enter through the fastest entrance available and then enjoy your visit at your own pace.
Tiptoe through the Greek Cross Gallery to see elaborately-carved sarcophagi that might just contain the earthly remains of some of antiquity's famous kings and queens! Peek at the Cabinet of the Masks, or tour the Sala degli Animali to see a virtual menagerie of fantastic beasts, real and imagined. Walk the Upper Galleries, including the Gallery of Maps, to see how cartographers depicted the world through the ages. See masterpieces by Renaissance masters in the Raphael Rooms, and rest for a while in the Borgia Apartments.
Then, it’s time to marvel at Michelangelo’s exquisite Sistine Chapel, the crown jewel of the Vatican, and perhaps even of all the world’s art treasures.
Skip-the-line reserved entrance ticket at your selected time to Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
Booking and handling fee
Audio guide (if option chosen)
What’s Not Included
Ticket to St.Peter's Basilica (free of charge, but access is not guaranteed. It may vary due to crowd control)
• Please bring a valid ID for children (6-18) to be admitted. Children under the age of 6 go free and don't need a reservation
• Please observe the strict dress code; no shorts or sleeveless shirts are allowed
• Audio guides are available if purchased as an add-on in Italian, English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Russian and Portuguese
• Be prepared to go through an airport-style security check
• Please note that the museums' hours and closures may be changed due to special events at the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter's
• Access to St. Peter’s Basilica and the Square may be closed in the morning due to the Papal Audience