San Gimignano & Siena: Small Group Wine Tour from Rome
Pickup includedPickup is available from accommodations within Rome city center only (inside the Aurelian Walls).
- Visit the Tuscan towns of San Gimignano and Siena
- Travel in comfort in an air-conditioned van with a maximum of 6 participants
- Taste food and 10 different types of wine tasting at local wineries
- Benefit from your tour assistant who will travel with you throughout the tour
Arriving in San Gimignano, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, explore its charming medieval streets and sample the world-famous Vernaccia white wine. Stop for a wine tasting and sample local products in a beautiful wine cellar: 10 different types of wine and oil. Then visit the estate and learn about the processing of the grapes before having lunch at a restauarant.
Finally, make your way to Siena for a lovely wander around the historic center of the city, a well-deserved UNESCO World Heritage Site. Walk along Piazza del Campo, the public square that's also home to the Palio di Siena horse race. Visit the Mangia Tower, and admire the Duomo's Romanesque-Gothic facade, before beginning the trip back to Rome through the Tuscan countryside.
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan (no more than 6 people)
- Tour escort for the whole trip
- Tasting of local wine
- Light lunch of local food and wine
- Pick-up and drop off (inside the Aurelian Walls)
- Local guide
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• No refunds for missed flights, buses, trains, etc.
• There is a total refund for cancellations made within 72 hours of the tour's departure
• It is recommended that you wear comfortable shoes, and remember that is not permitted to visit churches in shorts or miniskirts, or with uncovered shoulders
From US$ 272.74 US$ 218.19 per person