Rome Pantheon: 35-Minute Audio Guide Tour
- Unravel the obscure history of the Pantheon on a 35-minute audio guide tour
- Admire the revered temple and mausoleum of the Pantheon
- Marvel at the extraordinary architectural features, such as the oculus in the huge dome
Dedicated to all the gods of pagan Rome, the temple was built by the emperor Hadrian on the site of an earlier temple commissioned by Marcus Agrippa during the reign of Augustus after it burnt to the ground in 80 A.D. Classified as a temple, the original use of the Pantheon and how people worshipped there is unknown as the structure is so different from other traditional Roman temples, such as the Roman Forum.
Unravel the mysteries of the structure independently with the help of your audio guide, and admire its extraordinary features, such as the dome with its oculus that both lets in sunlight and acts as a cooling and ventilation method.
- Audio Guide to visit the Pantheon at your own pace
- Entrance to the Pantheon (free)
- Donation to the Basilica di Santa Maria ed Martyres (Pantheon)
When you get there
Meet at the audio guide desk at the Pantheon (Santa Maria ad Martyres), Piazza della Rotonda. Mid March to the end of October: 10:00 - 17:30 November to mid March: 11:00 - 14:00 Sundays and Public Holidays: Mornings only or afternoons only, according to the opening hours of the church.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please note that the Pantheon may be subject to closure without prior notice for masses, concerts, and extraordinary events
• Please show your booking voucher at the audio guide desk inside the Pantheon
• Once booked, you will receive a confirmation via email from the local partner