Rome: 4-Hour Traditional Food Tour and Wine Tasting
- Taste the foods and wines of Rome at local eateries and food stores
- Enjoy supper at a cozy restaurant in the Trastevere district
- Pair your foods with carefully selected wines
Stroll through the city center as your guide divulges its strange and wonderful history. Then, nourish yourself with some local cheese at an historic shop that sells cheeses of various Italian origins. Sample another glass of carefully selected wine and try the authentic Roman specialty of baccalà fritto (fried salted cod).
Continue with a tasting of 2 other typically Roman foods: pizza "by the slice" and supplì (rice balls). Visit eateries that specialize in the production of these scrumptious treats to experience new taste sensations and unforgettable aromas.
Digest all your delicious food samples on a stroll to supper in one of the coziest restaurants in the Trastevere district. Known for the quality of its food, this quarter is considered to have the best restaurants in Rome. Enjoy an exquisite Roman antipasto and 2 first courses, accompanied by 2 different Italian wines of protected production and origin.
Finally, try some locally made Italian ice cream in flavors typical of a famous gelateria to complete your immersive journey into Italian cuisine.
- Cost of all food and wine
- Small group tour
- Pick-up and drop off
Prepare for the activity
• Please note, a moderate amount of walking is involved
• Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at time of booking