Rome Half-Day Private Segway Tour of Historic Sites
- See the sights of ancient Rome on a self-balancing Segway
- Hear stories about the history of the Roman Empire and the Eternal City
- Stop to toss a coin in the Trevi Fountain
- See the temple to all gods at the Pantheon
- Discover Rome's oldest obelisk at Piazza del Popolo
- Go to the altar of the goddess of peace at the Ara Pacis
- Enjoy panoramic views of Rome from Capitoline Hill
- Stop to take photos of the old chariot race stadium at the Circus Maximus
As this is a private tour, your guide can tailor the route according to your interests, skipping what you have already seen and adding other sites.
From Piazza Mattei, you’ll ride your Segway to several archaeological sites, including the Largo di Torre Argentina and the remains of Pompey's Theater. See the temple to the gods at the Pantheon. Stop at the Baroque square of Piazza Navona to admire Bernini's Fountain of the 4 Rivers and its depictions of the Nile, Danube, Ganges, and Rio de la Plata.
Next, you’ll ride to Hadrian’s Mausoleum at the Castel Sant’Angelo. Zip over to the Ara Pacis altar to the Roman goddess of peace. Continue through beautiful Piazza del Popolo to Piazza di Spagna and the Spanish Steps.
Toss a coin in the Trevi Fountain before heading to Piazza Venezia to see Trajan’s Column and the Altare della Patria monument to Victor Emmanuel II.
Continue on to the Capitoline Hill for another breathtaking view of the Eternal City, and then glide to the Circus Maximus where the chariot races of the Roman Empire were held.
Stop to take photos of the city from the Palatine Hill, before riding to the Mouth of Truth (Bocca della Verità), carved from Pavonazzo marble.
You’ll return to the starting point via the old Jewish Quarter, one of the oldest Jewish settlements in Europe.
- Segway and helmet
- Orientation session
- Tour leader
- Audio guides in different languages
- Bottled water and coffee
- Ponchos in case of rain
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Children under 14 years
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
Prepare for the activity
Piazza Mattei 11. From Piazza Venezia, head towards the Marcellus Theater (the building that looks like the Coliseum), passing the Vittoriano (huge white building) on your left. When you reach the Marcellus Theater, turn right. Go straight ahead, following the street to Piazza Mattei, where you will find the Turtles Fountain in the center of the square. The tour operator's office is on the corner.Open in Google Maps ⟶