Pompeii & Amalfi Coast: Small Group Day Trip from Rome
- Experience Pompeii on a walk with an archeologist guide
- Enjoy a panoramic drive along the Amalfi Coast and to the town of Positano
- Explore Positano and get some tips about the best spots to visit
During your 2.5-hour tour you’ll also see the most important sights of Pompeii and learn what daily life was like in this ancient port town. Come to understand how terrifying and confusing it was when Mount Vesuvius erupted and froze the city and its residents in time in 79 A.D. Visit the Roman Forum and the Temple of Venus, and see the tragic death casts.
After your Pompeii tour you’ll head off on a scenic drive along the Amalfi Coast. As you navigate the twists and turns of one of Italy’s most beautiful drives, you’ll hear about local history and culture.
Stop in Positano, a pastel-colored resort town perched on the cliffs that has inspired legendary writers such as Shelley, Goethe, and Steinbeck. After an introduction from your guide, with some tips on where to eat lunch and shop, you’ll have free time to do as you please.
- Round-trip transport by comfortable air-conditioned minibus
- Express entrance tickets to Pompeii
- 2.5-hour tour of the Pompeii archaeological site with an expert tour guide
- Hotel pickup/drop-off
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Until October 31: at caffè Piccarozzi, which is located in Piazza della Repubblica, number 62. Piazza Repubblica is a centrally-located square, served by the red line metro ("Repubblica" stop), and within walking distance of Termini train station. From November 1: in front of Bar L' Angolo on Piazzale Flaminio Nr.16 (corner of Via Flaminia), next door to the Supermarket.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Baby strollers