Piazzas of Rome Small Group Sunset Tour
- See the piazzas of Rome after dusk
- Watch the sunset over the "Eternal City" from Pincio Terrace by the Spanish Steps
- Learn the dark history of Santa Maria del Popolo, and admire its paintings by Caravaggio
- Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain
- Explore the 2,000-year-old history of Piazza della Rotonda
- Hear how the philosopher Bruno Giordano was burned to death on Campo de' Fiori
Meet your guide in Piazza del Popolo, formerly used for popular games and public executions, and now a lively space for concerts. Learn about the vision of its architect, Giuseppe Valadier.
Continue to Pincio Terrace to see the sunset over the rooftops of Rome. Marvel at the broad sweep of the Spanish Steps and Barcaccia’s fountain to a half-sunken ship. Next, go to the Trevi Fountain on Piazza di Trevi, and throw a coin in the pool according to tradition.
See the historic Pantheon on Piazza della Rotonda, built in 27 BC as a temple to all the gods of Rome. Wander over to Piazza Navona, built on the site of a Roman amphitheater. Experience “La Dolce Vita” of Rome around Bernini’s magnificent Four Rivers Fountain in its center.
End on Campo de' Fiori, dominated by the statue to the poet and philosopher, Bruno Giordano. Learn about his trial for heresy, and how he was burned at the stake at the medieval marketplace in the 16th century.
- Licensed guide
- Pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Tour inside the Pantheon
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide in front of Santa Maria del Popolo Church, Piazza del Popolo. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Your guide will be holding a "Mea Tours" signOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible, due to the nature of the route