Rome Highlights: Fountains and Squares Walking Tour
- Explore the Baroque and Renaissance fountains, squares and churches of Rome and throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain to one day return to Rome
- See Bernini's fountain of a half-sunken ship at the Piazza di Spagna
- Go inside the Pantheon from the Roman Empire
- Admire Piazza Navona, one of Rome’s most splendid squares, home to Bernini’s renowned Fountain of the Four Rivers
- Marvel at one of the finest examples of trompe l'oeil at Sant'Ignazio Church
Meet by the Keats Shelley Museum on the Spanish Steps and follow the graceful flow of the staircase up to the late Renaissance church of Trinità dei Monti.
Head to Piazza Navona, the Stadium of Domitian, built in 85 A.D. to accommodate the athletic games. Piazza Navona is the pride of Baroque Rome, with architectural elements and sculptures by masters such as Gian Lorenzo Bernini and Francesco Borromini.
Walk to the Pantheon to look inside a remarkably intact Greek-Roman temple, just as the ancient Romans used to do. Next, go to the carved Column of Marcus Aurelius, and admire original scenes from the movie “Gladiator
After visiting the church of Saint Ignatius, home to one of the finest examples of trompe l'oeil in its dome, continue to the Trevi Fountain for the end of the tour. Throw a coin in the fountain and make a wish to one day return to Rome.
- Licensed English-speaking guide
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide by the entrance of the Keats and Shelley Museum at the bottom of the Spanish Steps (scalinata della Trinità dei Monti, in front of Acqua di Parma store). They will be wearing a "GETYOURGUIDE" badge or holding a sign with the same logos. Please arrive 10 minutes prior the tour starts.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Oversize luggage
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Alcohol and drugs
• No smoking, eating or drinking is allowed on the tour
• Please wear appropriate clothes for entering churches, private areas, and some monuments and make sure you have something to cover your shoulders and knees
• If you enjoyed the walking tour, please feel free to show your appreciation in the form of tips to your guide
• Due the itinerary it is not possible to join this tour with strollers or wheelchairs