Necropolis and St. Peter's Basilica Guided Tour
- Enjoy reserved entrance to St. Peter's Basilica
- Make the ultimate pilgrimage to the Tomb of St. Peter
- Discover a Roman burial site beneath the Vatican Grottoes
Discover a Roman cemetery next to Nero’s Circus, and see graves dating back to the 1st and 4th centuries. Experience the revered sites from the early Christian civilization, and make the pilgrimage of all pilgrimages to the tomb of the apostle Peter, known as the first "pope" of Christianity.
Enter St. Peter's Basilica and marvel at the main temple of Christianity as you step across the threshold and are greeted by the grandeur of the interior. Look at masterpieces of religious art, including Michelangelo's "La Pieta,” the Altar of the Confession, where the pope celebrates mass, and Bernini's stunning bronze canopy of the Baldachin.
Be dazzled by the rich ornamentations of marble, bas-reliefs, sculptures, mosaics and gilded stucco work throughout the cathedral.
- Reserved entrance
- Entrance ticket for the Necropolis
- Official Vatican guides (both for the Necropolis and St. Peter's Basilica)
- Guided or audio guide tour of the Cupola (Dome)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Optional activity costs
- Children under 15 years
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet at the end of the left colonnade of the Basilica, near the metal detectors located at the intersection of Via Paolo VI and Piazza del Sant’Uffizio. The staff of the local operator will be waiting for you wearing a blue jacket with the Vox Mundi logo printed on it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Weapons or sharp objects
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
- Selfie sticks
- Unaccompanied minors
• You must be at least 15 years old to participate
• Clothing must be suitable for the holy place: men must wear long trousers and women must wear skirts/trousers below the knee. Shoulders must always be covered. If you do not respect the dress code, you may not be allowed entrance inside the Necropolis
• You must pass through airport-style security. During high season the wait at security may be up to 30 minutes.
• You must be equipped with an FFP2 mask. If you do not have one, you can buy it directly at the Necropolis for 4€