Rome in One Day: Low Cost Vatican & Colosseum tours
- Enjoy an insightful guided tour of the Vatican sites
- Skip the queues at all monuments with our reserved entrance
- Visit the exquisite St. Peter's Basilica and see Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel frescoes
- Check out the Colosseum and surrounding archaeological sites
The tour begins in the morning at the Vatican, where your guide will lead you on an insightful journey through its iconic sights and artworks. Visit St. Peter's Basilica, the supposed burial site of its namesake, then tour the masterpieces of the Vatican Museums, including perhaps its most renowned, Michelangelo's frescoes on the Sistine Chapel ceiling.
Leaving Vatican City, head for the Colosseum in the afternoon to tour the Roman Empire's largest amphitheater. Then visit the archaeological sites surrounding it, including the Palatine Hill and the Roman Fora, where the ruins of some of the City's ancient government buildings can still be seen.
After taking this tour, you will boast a comprehensive knowledge of Rome's history and culture. Do not miss out on this great opportunity.
Please note that due to shorter daylight hours, from October 28 the visit to the Palatine Hill will be replaced with an external explanation from the Capitoline Hill.
- Tour headsets to better hear the guide
- Reservation fees
- Expert local guide
- Exclusive skip the line as per official Vatican partner
- Food and drinks
When you get there
• No umbrellas, trolleys, large bags and tripods will be allowed into the Museums
• Depending on the size of the group, the tour may run in 1 language (monolingual tour) or 2/3 languages (bilingual/multilingual tour). In bilingual/multilingual tours you will hear your language through the headset, while it will go automatically mute when the other foreign language is spoken
• Transport from the Vatican area to the Colosseum area is not included
• Unfortunately this tour is not wheelchair accessible
• The visit inside St. Peter's Basilica is substituted by a visit to the Vatican Library on Wednesday morning tours (08:30 and 11:00 tours) due to the Papal Audience taking place every Wednesday
• Those with a pacemaker will need to show a certificate, otherwise you may not be admitted without screening