Vatican City and Colosseum Full-Day Guided Tour
- Skip the long lines to the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica
- See the best of the Vatican Museums following a carefully planned route
- Get fast track entry to the Colosseum and benefit from the services of a history expert guide
- Discover where Rome was founded on Palatine Hill
Once inside, you and your small group will enjoy all the highlights of the Vatican with an expert guide by your side. The tour takes in a treasure trove of artistic wonders, from masterworks like Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel frescos and ‘La Pietà’ in St. Peter’s Basilica to the precious relics, paintings and tapestries adorning the Museums’ gilded galleries. Throughout the tour, your expert, English-speaking guide will share fascinating insights only a local could know.
After your Vatican tour, enjoy free time to sample some authentic Italian cuisine before meeting your next expert guide for a tour of the historical heart of Ancient Rome. You’ll begin by skipping yet another line to enter the Colosseum immediately. Dominating the center of the Eternal City, this ancient arena puts modern stadiums to shame.
And that’s not all. The tour continues to the Palatine Hill, where Rome originated in a battle between two brothers. You’ll then be taken from the origin of ancient Rome to its hub: the Forum, that bustling marketplace where business, politics and religion mixed. No other tour takes you so close to so much of the history, significance and fabulous riches of Rome.
At certain times during the year, this tour's itinerary is reversed and guests will visit the Colosseum first, followed by the Vatican Museums. Please check your tour voucher for exact itinerary and meeting points.
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Vatican Museums
- Reservation fee
- Access to the Sistine Chapel
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Headsets (so you can always hear your guide)
- Small groups of no more than 25 people
- English or German-speaking guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transfers between the 2 parts of the tour
- Food and beverages
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Vatican Museums Tour Meeting Point: At the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi. Coordinators will be wearing blue polo shirts or jackets for easy recognition. Colosseum Tour Meeting Point: At Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the 2nd floor of the metro line B (blue line) stop "Colosseo". Low Season, October 27, 2019 - December 31, 2019: Morning Departure Time: Colosseum Group Tour 10:00 AM (meet strictly at 9:45 AM), Afternoon Departure Time: Vatican Group Tour: 2:30 PM (meet strictly at 2:15 PM). High Season, April 1, 2019 – October 26, 2019, Morning Departure Time: Vatican Museum Tour: 9:00 AM (meet strictly at 8:45 AM), Afternoon Departure Time: Colosseum Group: 3:00 PM (meet strictly at 2:45 PM).Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• Some of the venues or parts of the venues may be subject to last minute closures. In the event this occurs you will be offered an extended tour, always keeping with the advertised total length
• Unfortunately this tour is not wheelchair or stroller accessible
• Entrance to the Vatican is subject to a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women
• Access to St. Peter’s Basilica and St. Peter's Square is subject to closure on Wednesday mornings due to the Papal Audience