Rome: Semi-Private Skip-The-Ticket-Line Vatican Tour
- Skip the ticket lines to the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica
- Take a pre-designed route through 9 miles of galleries to see the highlights
- Marvel at Michelangelo's fresoces in the Sistine Chapel
- See art and sculptures by Bernini, Raphael, Michelangelo and more
- Explore the Gallery of Tapestries and Gallery of Maps before the crowds arrive
- Get personalized attention on a small group tour
With over 2,000 rooms, it’s impossible to see the entire collection of the Vatican. But your tour will take a carefully planned route to see the highlights of the 9 miles of galleries. Marvel at the Pinecone Courtyard and Hall of Maps, before going into the Gallery of Tapestries and Gallery of Candelabras. Next, see the incredible Raphael Rooms. Your guide will bring the art to life, pointing out things you never would have noticed on your own.
A highlight of the tour comes when you go to the Sistine Chapel. Guided tours are not permitted within the chapel so, with the aid of photographs, your guide will fill you in on details before. Admire Michelangelo’s boneless self-portrait, in which he expressed to the world that he would rather be skinned alive than paint the Sistine Chapel again!
Exit by a special access door that leads straight into St. Peter’s Basilica. See the incredible altar and Michelangelo’s beautiful La Pietà, before ending outside on St. Peter’s Square.
*Please be aware that due to “Jubilee Holy Year of Mercy” this year, St. Peter's Basilica closes without notice. Other areas of the Vatican will be substituted to ensure you have the best possible experience.
* From April until October, the tour will include a shorter guided tour of the Basilica. Additionally, from November until March, there will not be a guided tour inside the Basilica. The guide will still be able to provide an explanation from outside, however, and you will be able to enter the Basilica independently. The duration of your tour will not be affected by either of these factors.
- English-speaking guide
- Early morning privileged entrance to the Vatican Museums
- Skip-the-ticket-line entry and reservation fees
- Headsets so you can hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide at 07:55, at the bottom of the steps across from the entrance to the Vatican Museums. The steps are located next to Caffè Vaticano on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi. Please be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the tour departure time of 08:10. The nearest Metro station is Ottaviano - Musei Vaticani (Line A). Exit the turnstiles and walk straight to the back end of the station, and then go to the left side exitOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
• The tour ends at St. Peter’s Basilica in St. Peter’s Square
• It is your responsibility to arrive at the tour departure point on time
• The supplier is unable to accommodate customers with wheelchairs or walking disabilities
• Entrance into the Vatican is subject to a strict dress code. Shoulders and knees must be covered, and no low cut or sleeveless tops or shorts will be permitted for men and women. Clients that do not adhere to the dress code will not be permitted entry to the Vatican. The supplier cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dress
• Please note that access to St. Peter’s Basilica and Square may be closed on Wednesday morning tours due to the Papal Audience
• Please note that it is not possible to use credit or debit cards within the Vatican City
• Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure