Small Group: The Complete Vatican Tour
- Gape at Michelangelo's frescos in the Sistine Chapel
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Vatican Museums, including the Raphael Rooms
- Skip the ticket line at St. Peter's Basilica using a special entrance
- Enjoy a specially designed route that shows you all the works you know you wanted to see and a few surprises you won’t expect
Your expert, English-speaking guide will give you eye-opening insight and context (along with some great stories) as you explore the Raphael Rooms, the Belvedere courtyard with ‘Apollo Belvedere’ & the Laocoön group, the Pinecone Courtyard, the Gallery of the Candelabra, the Gallery of the Maps, and the Gallery of the Tapestries.
The piéce-de-resistance is, of course, the Sistine Chapel. Your guide will prep you for your time here by telling you the stories behind the creation of the iconic frescoes as well as what they mean. When you enter, you will then be able to appreciate the full majesty of the room, spotting little details like Michelangelo’s self-portrait and the rather painful revenge he plotted for the Pope’s aide (he wasn’t his biggest fan…)
Skip the ticket line at a special entrance to St. Peter's Basilica. Your guide will point out the most important features of the interior, including Michelangelo's Pieta, Bernini's Baldachin Altar, the magnificent dome, and more.
The Vatican is more than just a museum. It's home to the Pope and Catholicism and is one of the world's smallest yet powerful states. On this intimate tour, your guide will ensure that you get an overview of it all – from papal scandal to Renaissance masters and the day-to-day operation of Vatican City.
- Skip-the-ticket-line entry and reservation fees for the Vatican Museums
- Skip-the-ticket-line entry to St. Peter's Basilica
- English-speaking expert tour guides
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet at the green bar (called l'Ottagono) in Piazza del Risorgimento. We meet just outside the green bar in the middle of Piazza del Risorgimento Square. This is the only bar/cafe located on the square. The bar is on the side of the square towards via Crescensio - close to Tram stop number 19.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
• Please remember that the Sistine Chapel is a holy place, and attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers the shoulders and knees. The tour operator cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dress.
• Please ensure that all members of your party have a valid ID on them on the day of the visit. This is particularly important for guests who have qualified for reduced child fees.
• Please note that guests may only carry small handbags inside the Vatican Museums. Larger backpacks and big pointy umbrellas must be left at the cloakroom. It is the responsibility of the guest to return to the Vatican Museums entrance to collect these after the tour.