Sistine Chapel & Vatican Crypt: VIP First Entry
- Enjoy 2 hours of the Vatican’s most breathtaking art and history after skipping the ticket lines
- See the Sistine Chapel before the crowds arrive, and admire Michelangelo’s masterpieces in peace and quiet
- Enter the awe-inspiring St. Peter’s Basilica through an exclusive entrance, avoiding detours
- Learn from your English-speaking guide who is a Vatican expert, and your audio headset means you won’t miss a single pearl of wisdom
Due to health and safety regulations, this itinerary may change. See Know before you go for the latest updates.
From there, you’ll head through a special door (not open to the general public) directly into St. Peter’s Basilica, avoiding another ticket line outside the walls of the Vatican. The sheer size of St. Peter’s, the largest ancient basilica in the world, will take your breath away. Here, you can visit Michelangelo’s sculpture "La Pietà", and Bernini’s altar, a monumental structure of twisted wood and bronze, recycled from the Pantheon.
The last leg of the tour takes you below the beautiful Basilica to the Vatican Crypt your guide will tell you about the tombs before you enter because inside it is forbidden to speak. The most important Popes in Church history are buried here. Finally, your guide will lead you back outside to St. Peter’s Square, where you can appreciate the mastery of Bernini, one of Rome’s greatest architects and artists.
- Early access to the Vatican Museums (15 minutes before other tour operators and 1 hour 15 minutes before the general public)
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Skip-the-ticket-line access to St. Peter’s Basilica
- Visit to the Papal Crypts beneath the Basilica
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
- Food and beverages
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide at the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance to the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi. The City Wonders coordinator will be wearing a blue City Wonders/Guideman polo shirt or jacket for easy recognition.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Baby strollers
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
• All visitors must pass through airport-style security. During high season the wait at security may be up to 30 minutes.
• Entrance to the Vatican is subject to a strict dress code. Men and women must ensure that their knees and shoulders are covered. City Wonders cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
• Large bags/tripods/umbrellas/backpacks are not permitted in the Vatican and must not be brought along on this tour. The group will not be able to wait for those who need to check their items in the cloakroom
• Comfortable shoes are recommended
• Those in wheelchairs or with impairments requiring special assistance cannot be accommodated on this tour, unfortunately. Strollers or baby carriages also cannot be accommodated on group tours
• It is forbidden to speak inside the crypt. Your guide will tell you about the tombs before you enter