Rome: Private Tour of Vatican Museums
Pickup includedAt your accommodation in the city center inside the Aurelian Walls.
- Skip the long lines at the main sites of the Vatican City
- Marvel at masterpieces of art in some of the 1,400 rooms of the Vatican Museums
- See Michelangelo's famous "Creation of Adam" fresco in the Sistine Chapel
- Admire the vaults, domes and art works of St. Peter's Basilica
Due to health and safety regulations, this itinerary may change. See Know before you go for the latest updates.
Your guide will take you past the long lines to enter the Vatican Museums, giving you more time to explore the art, and less time wasted on waiting. Originally conceived for the sole enjoyment of the Pope, the lavish labyrinth is made up of 2,000 rooms that stretch over 9 miles. It is said that if you spent 60 seconds looking at every item, it would take you 12 years to see everything.
Your guide will lead you to some of the main attractions, as well as reveal secrets hidden among the established masterpieces. An undoubted highlight will be Michelangelo’s frescoes in the Sistine Chapel. Admire his fabled “Creation of Adam,” and wander through the former apartments of the popes in Raphael's Rooms.
Then, it’s time for another Michelangelo masterpiece. Go inside the Basilica of St. Peter’s to see his “La Pieta” among all the other treasures. End on St. Peter's Square, where your guide will point out Bernini's ingenious use of optical illusions that embrace visitors in the “maternal arms of Mother Church.”
- Pick-up at hotel (inside the Aurelian Walls)
- Expert guide for 3 hours
- Entrance fee to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
- Tips and gratuities
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
• Due to COVID-19 restrictions the direct transfer from the Sistine Chapel to the Basilica is not allowed. A car will wait for you at the exit of the Vatican Museums
• You must not wear shorts or miniskirts and you must cover your shoulders to enter the basilicas
• Please note that there will be an airport-style security check before you enter St. Peter's Basilica and you must not bring liquids or sharp items
• The pickup service is available from accommodation in the city center inside the Aurelian Walls
From US$ 245.18 US$ 196.14 per person