From Arles: Roussilon and Luberon Villages Tour
- Visit the Lavender Museum and find out about the secrets of the flower
- Stop at picturesque landscapes
- Meet local producers at the Provencal market
First, the village of Gordes, entirely built with dry stones, looking over a green valley planted with many cherry trees and vineyards, then the village of Roussillon setting in an ocher area; the inhabitants use to paint their houses and walls using the natural pigments extracted from the ocher cliffs around.
The visit at the Lavender Museum will give you all information you must know about the lavender; this plant is the symbol of Provence; it grows wild in the mountains and is used since the Roman times for many medicinal properties.
Between mid-June and mid-July only, enjoy a photo stop at Senanque Abbey to take pictures of the blooming lavender fields (during this period, the visit of the lavender museum is replaced by the photo stop at Senanque abbey).
- Transportation by minibus with a French/English speaking driver/guide,
- Entrance fee to the lavender Museum
- Other entrance fees
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat