Mona Lisa and Best of the Louvre: Semi-Private Tour
- Skip the long lines to the Louvre Museum
- See masterpieces of art, including the "Mona Lisa" and "Venus de Milo"
- Hear stories behind legendary works, including the "Winged Victory of Samothrace"
- Explore the galleries of the Louvre in small groups for a more intimate experience
Your guide will lead you on a tour of the endless exhibits, picking out the highlights from the many masterpieces. See icons of art, including the “Mona Lisa” and “Venus de Milo,” and learn entertaining facts about both.
Explore in groups of no more than 12 people for a more intimate, personalized experience. Marvel at the “Winged Victory of Samothrace,” and hear stories behind priceless paintings and sculptures.
Avoid the long lines and endless explanations, and get straight to the heart of where you want to be. The short but in-depth tour will leave you desperate to see more, and you are free to stay and enjoy the rest of the Louvre Museum at your leisure.
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance ticket to the Louvre Museum
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and beverages
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide at the Arc du Carrousel, the monumental arch with a horse-drawn chariot situated across the road from the courtyard of the Louvre. Standing with your back to the entrance to the Louvre Museum and Pyramid, you will see it across the road, past the roundabout, before the entrance to the Tuileries Garden (Jardin du Tuileries) (GPS Coordinates: 2°20'2"E, 48°51'41"N) Directions by Metro: Take Metro lines 1 or 4 to the "Palais Royal Musee du Louvre." Take the exit marked "Rue de Rivoli." Cross the Rue de Rivoli to the Louvre courtyard Directions by taxi: Ask to be dropped off at the Arc du Carrousel du Louvre. The taxi should be able to stop just in front Directions on foot: Walk to the center of the Louvre courtyard, where the glass pyramid is. With your back to the Pyramid, you will see the Arch in the gardens in front of the LouvreOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• Please be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before scheduled departure. Guests arriving after the departure time cannot be accommodated and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded
• With regret, the tour is not suitable for those in wheelchairs or with any impairment requiring special assistance
• Strollers or baby carriages cannot be accommodated
• Non flash photography is permitted throughout the tour
• Please note that some sections of the museum are not air-conditioned
• Please be aware that some locations may be busy during standard hours
• Due to renovations inside the Louvre until mid-October 2019, some artworks such as the Mona Lisa may not be visited. Although this is out of the operators control, your guide will do their best to provide a qualitative to meet the advertised tour length.